Today we’re looking at the Husqvarna V-Twin. This ride-on machine, full of power and might, is fantastic for the gardener looking for something to tackle a much larger-scale patch of land.
Husqvarna are a garden tool and chainsaw brand coming out of Stockholm, Sweden. Founded, astonishingly in 1689, the brand were initially a rifle factory that, over time, dedicated themselves to a safer, more family friendly industry – the gardening industry.
As you’ll be able to tell from our review, we really like this product. It’s easy to use, powerful and met our needs perfectly. The only problem being the large price, which we still thought wasn’t a massive set-back. Take a look below at our thoughts:
|CUTTING WIDTH||54 Inches|
|ITEM DIMENSIONS||46 x 49.5 x 72.75 Inches|
|MANUFACTURER PART NUMBER||967324101|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||780 pounds|
- A fantastic mower, this machine – in the words of the manufacturer – makes mowing your lawn “an event not a chore” – and isn’t that what everybody wants? The simplicity of this machine comes from how easy it is to use. You literally just jump on top of it then go. There’s little more training needed than this. The removable foot pan allows you to reach across the mower easily.
- The rugged frame that protects the whole inside of the vehicle is great for making sure whenever you’re cutting your lawn that debris from your garden doesn’t enter the inside of the machine. This is an especially important feature if you’re used to tackling larger areas or uneven, rough surfaces. Protection is vital and this frame gives this machine a great level.
- Quickness compared. This mower chops off so much time compared to using another style, such as hand-pushed. It’s this type of project that often takes a seriously long time. If you have a fair few acres to cut, smaller mowers can often leave so much to be done in such a small amount of time. Buying this Husqvarna mower could simplify so much of your task.
- Rear-wheel drive gives you a greater ability to cut right up until you turn. All too often do you find a little mark left over on the grass to a point that would end up being missed. This mower, however, changes that with swivel wheels and rear-wheel driving.
What’s Not So Great?
- The price! What a staggering amount of money this is to pay for a lawn mower. But then, when you think again, it all depends on both your budget and the jobs you will be doing this this. Is it for personal use or may it be used for commercial, too? If you’re using it for commercial, it will pay back a large chunk of the cash in next-to no time. But otherwise, this is indeed an eye-watering amount of cash. There are plenty of options other than this, but will they all work for your needs?
- Buying such a large item online can often be a risk. It’s not uncommon for people to double-take when you tell them you’re buying a huge item at a huge price from an online retailer (if indeed that’s where you purchase it) – but at the same time, times are changing and online retail is safer, easier and in much ways cheaper than high-street shopping.
- One customer spoke about how their equipment cuts off constantly. Although this may only be a small problem for that one person, this could be a nightmare scenario for you – especially if you’re halfway through your garden! Chat to a few people who have used this themselves for a long period of time and see if they’ve had any problems.
Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower, 54″
- Overall Rating by Author - 9.6/109.6/10
Where do you start? In summary, this Husqvarna mower is the bee’s knees. There’s a lot to take in, and not many true, key features that would turn your head - others have bonus features, if you like, but this mower just does exactly what you need on a large scale. Can you mow easily? Yes. Does this beast offer power behind the wheel? It sure does. In that case, there’s little else you would need it for.
Compared to a standard mower there’s little comparison. This is much quicker, much stronger, much more sturdy and most of all - much more effective. The rear-wheel drive allows you to cut the areas of the grass that would sometimes get left behind by only being able to control from the front. The strength of the rugged frame also allows it to take a little battering in the elements whilst still doing a good job in the process.
Of course, this lawn mower isn’t without issue. The power problems suggested by existing customers is a real cause-for-concern. You’re looking for something dependable on the power side of things, regardless of how hefty it is on the outside. The price, too, would put many people off. If you’re not looking for a big, bulky mower that can cover a lot of ground, I would suggest leaving this merely to the big hitters.
This is a good piece of kit, don’t get me wrong. You’re likely to be pleased, especially if this is the sort of price-range you’re going for. Otherwise I can understand trepidation. Being able to test pilot one may put your mind at ease for sure.
The ideal person for one of these is either someone with a whole batch of land, or someone going into the gardening and landscape business. That way these people would get a return on investment greater than the general gardener. Either way though, we’re sure you’ll love this machine.
Originally posted 2017-05-10 08:25:00.