When buying a lawn mower you need to be sure you’re getting the right type. You also need to know what you’re going for will work for you. Here with the Cub Cadet XT1, we’re confident you’ll find this.
Cub Cadet are an American company founded in 1961. With over 50 years experience, within a number of markets including Europe and China, their level of expertise is high. Operating solely within the lawn niche, this company are a solid and dependable choice for your ride-on lawn mower needs.
We’re excited to tell you more about the powerful motor, the easy to use features and the seemingly endless positive aspects of this machine. There’s some less-excellent aspects of this tool too, but these are indeed few and far between. The level of quality you’re getting here is high. Take a look at what we think below:
|ASSEMBLED DEPTH (in.)||67 In|
|FRONT WHEEL SIZE (in.)||15|
|ASSEMBLED HEIGHT (in.)||43 In|
|MOWER DECK WIDTH||42|
|ASSEMBLED WIDTH (in.)||52 In|
|REAR WHEEL SIZE (in.)||20|
|CUTTING WIDTH||42 Inches|
|MAX REVERSE SPEED(mph)||2.5|
|CA (CARB) COMPLIANT||Not CARB Compliant|
|MIN CUTTING HEIGHT (in.)||1|
|DECK MATERIAL||13 Gauge Steel|
|NUM OF CYLINDERS||Single Cylinder|
|NUM OF WHEELS||4|
|DRIVE TYPE||Rear-Wheel Drive|
|OIL CAPACITY (oz.)||42|
|ENGINE DISPLACEMENT (cc)||597|
- Built for simplicity. This machine is easy to operate, simple to drive and offer something of a smart entry into using a riding mower. This tool has a fantastic optimised steering system for a delicate and exceptionally responsive level of handling. This, coupled with the steady cruise control option means you have less things to worry about whilst you’re still getting to grips with the mower.
- This mower has a high-power water jet to clean out the grass and garden debris from your tool to keep it high-performing and cleaner for longer. There’s nothing worse than having a tool that gets clogged up and becomes unusable because it is used so often and not cleaned. This easy-clean system stops this from happening.
- Cub Cadet have brought together 12 different cutting levels to give you the option to customise your lawn however you want it. Simply select a different level and away you shoot. Easy.
- This riding mower has headlights, which is incredibly handy if you have a larger piece of land and are often working on it until late into the night. These lights mean you don’t need to stop when the sun goes down, and can continue your work until you feel ready to finish. There’s no unsuitable time to use this mower in the eyes of Cub Cadet.
- Allow the battery level indicator to tell you just how long you have to go on your machine. There’s nothing worse than not knowing how long you have left on your tool, meanwhile you have tons of work to get through. This isn’t a problem with this machine.
What’s Not Great?
- The price of the mower is quite steep. Although you’re getting a fantastic piece of equipment for everyday use, the price may put you off. Depending on your level of experience mixed with your expectation, you may not want to have an outlay so large. This is understandable. There are other options, but you’re unlikely to find a quality ride lawn mower with such a range of abilities as this one for much less.
- Some additional add-ons to this vehicle – such as snow thrower and snow blade, sun cap and a rear spreader are sold separately. If these are required – especially the snow gear – you may want to try and get something a little more appropriate.
- The level of warranty on this product very much varies between supplier and stockist. This could become a problem if you buy from somewhere without a decent level of protection.
Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Lt 42 In. 18 Hp Kohler Hydrostatic Gas Front-engine Riding Mower
- Overall Rating by Author - 9.7/109.7/10
I think in summary this vehicle is a good option for most people. If you have a large piece of land, there’s a real advantage to using a machine as vast and as powerful as this. There are so many reasons to choose the Cub Cadet. For start, the machine is powerful and easy to use. Being easy to use is the number one enabler for new products, and this does the trick fantastically. The other couple of handy helping hands are the battery level indicator and the headlights. These are merely there to aid your use, but they’re damn helpful. Often when taking on a job, the timescale is there but the light or battery level isn’t. These two options allow you to carry on as long as you need, safe in the knowledge that you can continue long into the evening.
There isn’t really much of a problem with the equipment. It rides well and uses well. The price is slightly steep, but at the same time it is nowhere near the most costly product in the niche. If you’re able to afford this product, I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it to you.
This would work really well for someone who has the money to invest, or is running an outdoor business. Try and get a product with a good warranty, that I do advise. It’s an awful lot of money to risk things going wrong - although there is no evidence of this happening.
Good luck with your purchase - if you choose this product, you truly will not be disappointed.
Originally posted 2017-05-07 08:22:06.